Sunday 14 March 2010

Fred Perry Store, London.






My tutor at university went to London a couple of weeks ago and took these amazing photographs for me, which show Fred Perry's ultra cool HQ. The logo in the shop window is constructed from wood and can be seen to flow all the way back throughout the shop and into the desk. The construction of the logo reminds me of a wave or movement, and because it can be seen next to the red raincoat for instance, it seems to tie in with the nautical theme I am currently looking at. I think the photograph of the 6 images on the wall is a really intelligent way of showing your influences and market. Photo's such as Paul Weller showing the companies awareness of sub-cultures and the photograph of the woman's mod hairstyle alongside the image of Fred Perry during his tennis career really explain what the company is all about. When I present my collection at new designers, the idea of having photographs in picture frames to show the theme of my collection is something I really would like to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment