Wednesday 24 March 2010

Continued Contact with Helen Latimer...

Helen has kindly given me contact details for a designer called Rob Charnley who works at Henri Lloyd, He spoke to Helen asking what I do? If I am into sportswear/streetwear? He also told Helen that he is happy for me to contact him and whether or not I can email him some design work over.

I have just sent an email to Rob which explains my current project and I have attached some working sheets that show my designs, visualizations and inspirations. I forwarded the email to Helen before I sent it over to Rob and she replied to me with some very helpful advice about layout as you can see in the image below.



Despite of her busy workload, Helen kindly sent me some ideas of how to approach creating a spec sheet layout. I will use this style of layout in the future when sending work to employers or people in the industry as it looks like it has been produced at a professional standard by a very informed designer.




Helen has also sent me a sheet which demonstrates ideas about how I could possibly present my range plan and show how my garments can be worn together. Helen has reminded me to show back views of my garments because we had discussed this when I showed Helen my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment