Sunday 14 March 2010

90's Preppy

Definitely a new trend that is coming through this year, I have found a great article on asos about this 90's preppy look which shows the full collection and video. It describes this style as being, "all about colour. Eye-popping Balearic brights are played off against soft pastels, symbolizing a culture clash between the White Isle's acid house clubs of the early '90s and the laid-back cool of modern-day old Ibiza Town". I have screen-grabbed these images from the asos article which I think strongly demonstrate the subtleties of this trend.


I'm absolutely in love with this style at the moment, and I am really excited these pastel colours and soft tones have stayed at the fore-front of men's fashion. I think the aspects of this trend which I like is the way the colours really represent a laid-back summer style, and when worn with subtle extras such as the neckerchief it works really well. I'm also glad the deck shoe is back in trend this summer, I hope to write about that shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment