Tuesday 16 February 2010

Major Project Update..

I have been working solid on developing my ideas and linking research to them in my sketchbook this week, I have been experimenting with colour and drawing up garment shapes which I will post about at some point over the next couple of weeks. I have been drawing up initial ideas for designs, and then developing them on the computer, which I will continue to do over the next 2 weeks. I have experimented with a check design (something I haven't done before), and I feel that in my first few designs I have really combined my themes of nautical/football casuals/modernism and 60's. The designs which you can see below have not yet been visualized on garments but they will be once I have decided on the garment shapes I want to work with. I have chosen to design a collection of spring/summer wear for Fred Perry. This decision took a lot of time to reach, I had considered other brands and even thought about creating my own label and designing for my own company. I have decided against this idea though because I want to be able to keep a brands existing identity in my mind throughout the design process, because I feel I could create a more exciting collection this way.



No comments:

Post a Comment