Tuesday 27 April 2010

The Lyle & Scott Flagship Store



After I concluded my visit to the Lyle and Scott studio I was kindly taken to their flagship store, situated in London's Covent Garden. I was introduced to the store manager who explained some things about the store and talked about the ranges of new clothing that had just arrived.

He allowed me to walk about the store and take photographs. One thing I admired about the layout of the store was how simple the company showed their inspirations. They would have shelves which had a Photograph of a building or modernist piece of architecture or council estate with a piece of clothing by its side. I like the idea of possibly using this approach at New Designers this Summer. I think it's a subtle and professional way of showing inspiration and displaying exactly what I have influenced by.


No comments:

Post a Comment